Structural Engineering and Architecture Firm that provides engineering and architectural consulting services for residential production home builders and architects is looking to add an Engineer to the team.
This position is ideal for candidates who are students approaching fourth or fifth year seeking a summer internship, approaching graduation, recent graduates, or those with minimal experience who have a special interest in residential structural engineering. Company values those who are willing to learn, be mentored, take pride in his or her work, and possess strong work ethic and leadership skills. This position presents an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career longevity.
In an Engineering position, you will:
Perform structural design including creation of new or revised construction documents for residential housing projects including roof framing, floor framing, foundation plans and construction details.
Manage multiple design projects and coordinate scheduling.
Review and redline your own work prior to final review by senior engineer.
- Pursuing or have received a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering (Structural Option a plus, but not required).
- Wood Design experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience in computer aided drafting, AutoCAD 2010-2018
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to be a team player
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently and meet deadlines
- Basic Microsoft office skills
- Must be able to pass drug and background screening