Another Holiday season is quickly approaching, and the extra layer of added stress is real! Cooking, shopping, entertaining and planning… it all adds up, especially when the fears of Covid-19 (and all the variants) are still very much with us. Let’s throw inflation and rising costs into the mix. Oh, and perhaps you want to look for a new job to help pay for those rising costs. Easy peasy, right? Unfortunately, the most exciting time of the year can also become one of the most stressful times of the year. Here are a few ways to enjoy – and perhaps relax – this holiday season.
- Take some time for YOU. It is so important to have down time throughout all the chaos these days. Take a walk, read a book, schedule a massage – whatever will make you feel refreshed and regenerated. A little will go a long way.
- Make a new tradition. There has been so much negative change – it is time for a positive change, like a new tradition! Montgomery & Bucks County are offering plenty of activities this season. Maybe it can become an annual gathering between your friends or family!
- Enjoy the little things with your family. This may require that you put your phone away for a few hours. Break out the board games. Ride a bicycle outside. Start a pick-up football game. Remember all the fun activities before technology was everywhere?
- Try to accept that change isn’t always bad. New traditions can be exciting and fun!
- This too shall pass. It must pass, right?
We hope everyone has a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season! Keep your head up and cherish the moments with your loved ones. Should you want to explore new options for your career (since change can be good!) please don’t hesitate to contact us at 215-855-8000.