Recruiting often seems like a daunting task, especially in the current economy and skills gap. It takes a lot of time and resources to recruit qualified individuals to join your organization, especially when you must recruit for light industrial positions. Not only do candidates need to meet your standards, but you need to meet theirs, too! Local companies are all fighting for the same hard-working and experienced job seekers, all while trying to avoid making a bad hire. Generally speaking, following these 10 tips will help you recruit for any type of job requisition:
- Well qualified candidates want better salaries. You need to keep competitive salaries in mind while making sure a reasonable EBITA is being sustained.
2. Sourcing & Screening
- Recruiters must truly grasp and understand their clients’ cultures in order to ensure candidates will be a good fit for the position.
- An efficient Applicant Tracking System will help you every step of the way throughout the entire hiring process.
4. Video Platforms
- Many companies are conducting first stage interviews via video to save time in the pre-screening process.
5. Delegate Smaller Tasks
- Administrative work is the least rewarding part of a Recruiter’s job, especially scheduling interviews. It is extremely tedious and time-consuming. A recruiter’s passion is finding candidates. Consider hiring a Junior Recruiter or Assistant to handle the administrative tasks, and leave the recruiting to the Recruiter!
6. Passive Sourcing
- This is hands-down the best way to find the cream of the crop candidates — when you aren’t desperately looking! Passive sourcing often gets lost in the shuffle as it isn’t time stamped. Make a point to passively source every week. You may find a few hidden gems before they are found by someone else.
7. Careers Page
- Your company careers page needs to be attractive and authentic to your culture and easy to navigate and apply. If not done correctly, you will scare away potential candidates.
8. Social Media
- Your company should have a social media presence, whether it is on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. LinkedIn is still the best resource to find candidates, other than job boards such as Monster, Careerbuilder and Indeed.
9. Hiring Managers must understand that Recruiting is a group effort.
- The recruiter needs to be the expert to the hiring managers and provide the proper tools and information for a successful hiring process. However, if a hiring manager is not helping and doesn’t express their exact needs and wants, the hiring process will break — quickly!
10. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
- There must be an efficient compensation strategy that makes sense for both the company and potential candidates. Comps are not just monetary figures. Other perks that can lure candidates to your organization include health benefits, work-from-home options, profit sharing, 401(k) incentive programs, gym memberships, pet-friendly offices, and many more. Get creative!
Keeping these 10 tips in mind will certainly help you fight off your competition, so you can secure the best, most sought after candidates. Happy hiring!
McCallion Staffing provides temporary, temporary-to-hire, permanent and payrolling services to companies and job seekers in: Montgomery County, PA, Bucks County, PA, Chester County, PA, Berks County, PA, Lehigh County, PA, and Central NJ.